If’s member insurance includes travel insurance
Do you have questions about insurances included in your union membership or about If’s additional membership benefits? If’s customer service chat is in service on this page in Finnish (weekdays 8–20, Saturdays 10–16).
As an Industrial Union member you receive
The union insurance, which includes leisure time travel insurance and leisure time accident insurance.
The travel insurance can be used if you get hurt or ill on holiday. The travel insurance also covers your own children and grandchildren under the age of 20 who are travelling with you.
The accident insurance covers the medical costs of injuries (such as doctor’s appointments) and includes coverage for permanent disability and accidental death.
Association insurance for damages that occur at union events.
Shop steward union insurance, which is meant for union members that are also in the shop steward registry.
Read more about what is included in the insurances and find answers to frequently asked questions at if.fi/teollisuusliitto. At if.fi/omatsivut you can easily and quickly submit a claim application, which will usually receive a verdict immediately.
You can also find help from the Industrial Union’s own service number at If at 010 19 19 95 from Mondays to Fridays from 8 to 20 and on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 to 16.
If also offers the cheapest life insurance in Finland* at 61 percent less than regular prices
Life insurance protects your family from financial worries if the worst was to happen to you. You can receive life insurance for yourself and your spouse at 61 percent cheaper than regular prices at henkivakuutuskuntoon.fi.
You can also supplement the union’s accident insurance with a Primus accident insurance. You can also insure the rest of your family for a cheap price in case of accidents.
*Price comparison done by the Finnish Financial Ombudsman Bureau FINE 9/2016. The Primus life insurance is issued by the Mutual Insurance Company Kaleva. The Primus life insurance is sold by a branch of If P&C Insurance Company Ltd. Finland.
As an Industrial Union member, you can receive substantial discounts from other insurances as well
If you insure your own home or have full insurance for your car, you will be eligible for the If loyalty programme and receive an 11 percent discount if you choose to receive your insurance mail electronically on your My Pages. At best your discount can be 16 percent, because your benefits grow along with your customership.
As an If loyalty member you accumulate If deductibles from accident-free years up to 40 euros each year up to 200 euros altogether. With the If deductibles your can reduce your deductibles if damage occurs.
Find out more and take advantage of the benefits that you have (in Finnish):
Travel insurance for members of the Industrial Union
Travel insurance taken out by the Industrial Union for its members helps you with accidents and the treatment of illnesses. Travel insurance also provides cover in situations where your trip is cancelled or interrupted unexpectedly due to illness or a crisis at the destination, for example.
Travel insurance also covers your children and grandchildren who are under the age of 20 and travelling with you.
Your membership card acts as a travel insurance card, so always keep it with you.
The Industrial Union has also insured you in case of leisure time accidents and negotiated benefits for your own insurance cover:
- If Benefit Programme – qualify for benefits by taking out a single insurance policy. You can receive a discount of 11–16 % on insurance.
- Life insurance 61 % cheaper.
If helps you around the clock
In the event of loss, damage or injury
- Seek medical attention with a doctor or at a hospital.
- The on-call service (+358 10 19 19 19, choose ”9” for service in English) will advise you in cases of loss, damage or injury, direct you to a contract hospital or doctor, take care of payment commitments and assist you in travelling home.
- Remember to present your membership card at the hospital or doctor’s office. The membership card acts as your travel insurance certificate.
- If’s contract doctors will send the invoice directly to If. Other clinics will sometimes also accept the membership card as a means of payment.
- If the membership card is not accepted as a means of payment, pay the expenses yourself and keep the receipts. File a claim on My Pages (My Pages (if.fi/omatsivut) are currently available in Finnish and Swedish.
You can log into My Pages 24 hours a day using Finnish online banking credentials or a mobile certificate) or call the Industrial Union’s own service number +358 10 19 19 95 and choose ”9” for service in English.