Things to remember
- Make an employment contract in writing.
- Read the collective agreement applicable in your industry.
- Ask for advice and other orientation at your workplace.
- Follow your employer’s instructions and wear protective equipment.
- Keep a daily record of your working hours.
- Check that your salary payments are correct.
- Get to know the shop steward and occupational safety representative at your workplace.
- Maintain your trade union membership – pay your membership fees and notify the union of any changes.
- If you are not a trade union member – join us and bring a friend!